I am beyond excited to say that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award for 2017! What a joy!
On top of feeling honored, I am also delighted that I am able to return the favor and nominate other deserving bloggers for this award!
To start, I would like to personally thank Elissa Mowery, from sweetlybrokenwilderness.com, an inspirational and new blogger sure to have many followers.
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. As part of the nomination for the Liebster award, I am able to tell you about one of my favorite blogs. This blog has a special meaning for me as I have a child who has very low vision. High school is tough, there is no doubt about it. Imagine attending school with the worries of the future on your shoulders and you cannot see your textbooks, find your classroom, navigate the school or recognize the hundreds of students around you!
The Paths to Literacy blog focuses on information, adaptations and modifications for the school and parents to make the school life of a student with blindness or low vision much easier. The visual accessories and app’s used are nothing short of amazing and personally, I know my Son is able to learn with the help of technology and many other supports that are discussed by the Paths to Literacy. I will continue to follow this blog to support my Son and many children I am fortunate to work with.
Now you get to learn a little about me! I hope by learning about me and I learning about you, we can feel a comradery in the crazy world of blogging/writing 🙂
10 Facts all about me
- I am a single Mom to 4 amazing children
- My best friends are Saint Bernard’s
- I am a Psychology major
- I have a Son with multiple special needs
- I have a chronic pain disorder
- I have just published my first novel!
- My smallest baby was 1 lb 3 oz (He is 15 now)
- My Daughter is my biggest inspiration to keep writing.
- I didn’t even know what Pinterest was until a few weeks ago
- I have hundreds of blog idea’s that I cannot wait to share with everyone 🙂
You know me a little bit better now 🙂 But not enough yet so, I am going to answer the questions that Elissa Mowery asked me.
- If someone could play you in a movie about your life, who would you like? I would have to say Natalie Portman because she is my Son’s favorite Actress.
- When do you find time to blog? Hah! time to blog is a rarity or I would have hundreds done. Usually, when I take my dogs outside and when I should be sleeping.
- What is your favorite book or series? Gone With The Wind!
- What would you do for a Klondike bar? Nothing. Im lactose intolerant.
- Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in a book/series/animation/movie? What was that place? Sadly I have not. But I would visit Atlanta (GWTW) and New Zealand (LOTR)
- Do you think education, as it is today, does justice to life and learning? Loaded question that I could easily blog about. My short answer is yes and no. There is much room for improvement.
- What is the best memory that you have while traveling? Feeling the salt air when entering Nova Scotia.
- When did you feel like you were officially an adult? When I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl in 1994 at 17 years old.
- Given the choice of anyone in the world whom would you want as a dinner guest and why? Albert Bandura. He is one of my favorite Psychologists.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful? My amazing children.
- What is your favorite place in the whole world? Wherever I am the closest to my children and Nova Scotia.
Have a fabulous day and most of all…Keep Blogging!
Were you nominated by me? Please click here for your instructions!
Here are my nominee’s!
- Autumn Robinson
- Amy Martin
- Amber Roshay
- Cat Quigley
- Star Harford
- Andrea Jalbert Young
- RD Rideaux
- Lola Brickerton
- Tessa Van Dyk
Here are the questions that the nominee’s need to answer.
- Given the choice of anyone in the world whom would you want as a dinner guest and why?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
- If travel was something everyone did as a rite of passage growing up where would you recommend they go and why? (one country only)
- What would be the best travel memory to have and how does it compare to what you have?
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters:
- What is your favourite dish?
- Would you ever travel the world in a camper van?
- Give a travel tip for travellers:
- What do you think of selfie sticks?
- When you have a writer’s block what do you do to work it out?